Excellent commercial real estate experience begins with an in-depth understanding of the Project or Landlord side of the business.
Jeffrey K. Sikes began his commercial real estate career in 1981 as the Assistant Director of Leasing for Hartford’s most prestigious business address, CITYPLACE I. This 38-story, 800,000-square foot Class A office tower has continued to be Hartford’s most prestigious business address. This project provided to be an excellent opportunity and training ground for a commercial real estate market that was demanding excellence. Major tenants whose leases were negotiated were: Aetna (300,000 SF); Day, Berry and Howard (100,000 SF); United Technologies (22,000 SF); Dean Witter (15,000 SF); Merrill Lynch (20,000 SF); and Cummings and Lockwood (15,000 SF).
Upon completion of CITYPLACE I (1985), Jeffrey Sikes accepted the Director of Leasing position for another significant high rise office project, Goodwin Square. This 345,000 SF office tower was again leased through the construction phase and eventual completion of tenant improvements. This project is anchored by Ernst & Young, CHUBB Insurance, Pepe & Hazard, Halloran & Sage, and R.C. Knox Insurance. These two projects represent over 1.2 million square feet of Class A development, from construction of the building through tenant improvements.
Since 1998, Jeffrey K. Sikes has been the Director of Leasing at O,R&L Commercial. During this time, his tenant and buyer representation services have resulted in the following transactions:
- Negotiation of 48,000 SF lease for ten years at Colt Gateway on behalf of CERC (Capital Region Education Council). Lease value of this transaction exceeded $8,000,000.
- A strategic ten-year lease negotiation on behalf of SourceOne (owned by Harry Gray) for a 110,000 SF office and distribution fulfillment center at 21 Hyde Road in Farmington. Lease transaction was valued at over $5,000,000.
- Exclusive Tenant Representation services for Countrywide Full Spectrum Lending offices in Farmington, Shelton, Stamford and New London, Connecticut.
- The sale of two Class A office buildings in Farmington and Glastonbury for Pacific Western Mortgage and Investment Corporation, totaling $6,500,000.
- Buyer Representation for acquisition of The Laurel Gardens Assisted Care Living Facility in Avon. This land acquisition value was $2,400,000.
- Buyer Representation for acquisition of land for development of the Marriott Residence Inn in Avon, CT. Land value exceeded $1,000,000 for this $11 million dollar project.
- Tenant Representation for Ford and Paulikas LP in Hartford.
- Tenant Representation for Key Human Services in Farmington.
- Buyer Representation for Summit Financial Group in Simsbury.
- Seller Representation for Toffolon Trust/ 7 Johnson Avenue Sale to Connecticut Solid Surfaces for $1,480,000.
- Buyer Representation for Farmington Savings Bank for the acquisition of 669 Hebron Avenue, Glastonbury, CT for $1,000,000.
- Tenant Representation for Morrison Mahoney LLP at Constitution Plaza to renew lease for eight-year term at favorable terms & conditions.
- Landlord Representation for Colt Gateway to structure favorable business terms for a 50,000 sf CREC Magnet School for the Arts & Sciences.
- Landlord Representation for Farmington Bank for the sale of 3, 5, 7, 9, & 11 Melrose Drive, Farmington, CT for $3,100,000.
- Seller Representation for the Sale of 34 acres at 911 New London Turnpike for Flanagan Industries to Lexington Partners for $3,700,000.
- Buyer Representation for Constitution Surgery Centers to Purchase 90-100 Avon Meadow for $1,400,000 as a Corporate Headquarters.
- Buyer Representation for Flanagan Industries for the sale of 32 acres for mixed use development for $3,700,000.
- Tenant Representation for Flanagan Industries for the lease of 47,542 rentable square feet at 81 National Drive in Glastonbury, CT.